Wednesday, November 19

The Diva's Weekly Challenge #194

Over at "I am the Diva", this week's guest blogger, Eliza Murphy, CZT 15, challenged us to "Embrace the Yuck". We had to tangle, shade and blend with our non-dominant hand. Needless to said, it was a rough challenge. Since we weren't given tangle patterns to use, I decided to go to tanglepatterns.com and use two of the random patterns that were picked for the day: Reflections and Podz. It took me FOR-E-VER to draw this, and I guess it didn't help that I used tangles I haven't drawn before. The shading looks bleh (I expected as much), but I like the way the patterns on the inside of the tangles turned out. Despite using my left hand, I really like Reflections and Podz. I'll have to try them again... with my right hand. ^_^;



15 comments:

  1. Wow. You have a REALLY steady left hand. Love the way the patterns work together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My hand didn't feel so steady when I was drawing it. I had to pause every so often to relax/loosen my grip.

      Delete
  2. Also a WOW from me; you would not think that this was drawn with your wrong hand. I do believe, that it 'took forever'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I really have no right to complain about it taking forever. I did it to myself by adding all of the thin lines inside of the tangles. I guess I'm a glutton for punishment. :o)

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful! I need to go checkout the step outs for reflections. I've never seen it before and I really like it. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I think Reflections is a good "string tangle", if that's such a thing (I'm still learning terms), it flowed very nicely over the string I picked.

      Delete
  4. Yes, it turned out really good. One stroke at a time... Is n´t it true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. "One stroke at a time" is really how it works. How it seems to develop with every stroke, amazes me.

      Delete
  5. Lovely tile. I think you did really well considering you never attempted these tangles before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great work with new tangles and your non dom hand! I love the contrast you have in your tile.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The contrasts are great...those fills are hard to do with your non-dom. Maybe it was good to do new tangles...less expectations?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Surprisingly, doing the fills was the easiest part, except for the little pod in the bottom right. I just couldn't manage detail that small. But it was worth a try. :o)

    ReplyDelete