Wednesday, November 12

The Diva's Weekly Challenge #193

Since the Thanksgiving holiday is right around the corner, guest blogger Holly Atwater, CZT of ha! designs challenged us to create a "TriTangle" called THX (Trio, Huggins and Xyp). Get it? THX... short for "thanks"... Well I thought it was cute. Anyway! Here's mine.


I've tried Xyp before and didn't like how it turned out, but it looks much better this time.

When I look at what I came up with, it makes me think of paper puppet shows...

Photo from: http://paskalily.wordpress.com/2012/11/07/another-puppet-theater-jurate-and-kastytis/


I kind of like it.

~ Jackie

14 comments:

  1. Oooo... really like the xyp. That was a tough one to work into the other two... at least it was for me. Glad you're doing the challenges, and I look forward to seeing more from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, you're right. Xyp was tough. I'm looking through the other entries, and it's amazing at what some people were able to come up with when they thought outside the box (including you). I really like how you simplified xyp. It worked beautifully. I too look forward to seeing more of your work.

      Delete
  2. I love the way your shading does make it look like cut layers of paper. Now you just need your little cut out puppets to make their way through the treacherous landscape. Really lovely tile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It does look rather treacherous, doesn't it. Now I'll have to put "Make paper puppet people" (say that 3 times fast) on my list of crafty things to do. :-)

      Delete
  3. Your tile is beautiful and has great shading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice tile - I like how you have used trio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a good feeling when trying something new works out.

      Delete
  5. Nice work with the XYP. I found that one difficult, but yours looks great. I like how you used your shading to make everything look like it is receding in space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love how you drew Trio in your tiles. I especially like the second one.

      Delete
  6. Lovely tile. Your use of XYP as an aura is creative

    ReplyDelete