Monday, February 23

I am the Diva Weekly Challenge #206

Hi there!

This week's "I am the Diva Weekly Challenge" is to try using tools you've never used before to tangle. This challenge was right on time because I just watched this video Sunday night.

So in the end, I decided to use one of the Sakura Koi pens I won from the Sakura of America's #handwritesakura Instagram contest, a Sakura Pigma Brush and Strathmore Watercolor Paper (I cut out 3.5" tiles using my Silhouette Cameo). All of which I have never used before. I am VERY pleased with how it turned out *^_^*.

Now I'm going to have to buy the whole koi brush set. Sakura's evil plan worked!  >_<

Tangle patterns: (l-r) Bunzo, Narwal and Sandswirl




Just in case you're curious about what I won from Sakura, and what I submitted, here it is:



Welp! Thanks for stopping by! ^_^v

Jackie



18 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Your entry into the Sakura contest is GORGEOUS! Wonderful job on the DIVA challenge too. I love purple and I have been eyeballing those Koi pens! I have the watercolors but want the pens and I haven't even used them yet. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was so surprised at how well the Koi pen spread when brushed with water, and how the color stayed vibrant. I'm completely sold on them. :o)

      Delete
  2. You're right to be pleased with the result! Looks beautiful. Now I want to get those Koi Pens too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It would be nice if they were sold in open stock, so you can pick a few colors to try. I really want to get my hands on a grey one so I can try shading with it. ^_^

      Delete
  3. Your contest entry is really lovely, as is your challenge tile. I, too, now lust for those koi pens. Thanks for sharing what they can do and congrats on winning the contest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you. It was a really fun contest, and I'm loving the prize.

      Delete
  4. LOVE! LOVE! Love this week's tile and your submission tile! I too now lust for the Koi pens!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jackie, Congrats on your win of Sakura!!! I entered something too. Glad to know someone that one! You did an awesome job with the Koi pen! Beautiful!! :0) have fun with your new toys!! Annette

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many art supplies, so little money to spend on them. ;-) You're right. Sakura ' s marketing is genius and I can see why your entry won. You achieved a really nice result for this week's Diva's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love purple and you diva-challenge-tile looks so beautiful with the colour :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the boldness of your challenge tile and congrats on your win! Both are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete